Your Leading Wholesale Aluminum Fence Supplier
The most important pool fence codes
- The pool fence must be at least 48″ tall
- The minimum distance between the bottom rail and the next existing horizontal rail pool fence must be at least 45″. So most 3-horizontal rail pool fence styles must be either 54″ Drop Rail (No pickets extending below the bottom rail) or 60″ depending if there are spears above the top rail.
- The spacing between the pool fencing pickets must be less than 4″
- The space between the bottom rail pool fencing and the ground must be 2″ measured on the side of the barrier which faces away from the swimming pool.
- The pool fencing gate(s) must be self-closing, self-latching (The opening mechanism of the latch must be at least 54″ above ground.) And all pool fencing gates, that are accessible to the pool area, MUST open out, away from the pool area.
Pool Fence InstallationPlease keep in mind when installing your pool fence, that any objects within 48″ of the pool fence, on the outside of the pool fence (ex. pumps, deck piers, lights, large rocks, retaining walls etc.), could technically be used as a “stepping-stone” making it easily accessible to your pool area. These pool fence codes are in place with the frame of mind to keep people from “getting-in” to the pool area, not “getting-out”. So you are always safer to enclose the objects in the fenced in portion of the yard.
Boca Pool Code
What aluminum fences meet the BOCA code for swimming pool enclosures?Here are the pool fences heights and styles that meet the building code requirements for fences. The pool fences need to have less than 4” between pool fences pickets and 45” between pool fences rails, or less than 1 ¾” between the pool fences pickets with any railing spacing: *Needs bottom rail flush with bottom of pickets in 54″ **Needs bottom rail flush with bottom picket in 60″